Egg white, also known as glair or albumen, is the white part or clear liquid of the egg (without yolk). The egg white makes about two-thirds of the total egg’s weight. Nearly 90% of that weight comes from water; where as remaining 10% is comprised of protein, fat, vitamins, trace minerals and glucose.
Egg white contains a variety of proteins such as ovalbumin, ovotransferrin, ovomucoid, ovomucin, lysozyme, flavoprotein, avidin and cystatin. Moreover, egg white contains carbohydrates and sodium with almost no fat. Egg white makes a good dietary protein source for people who are physically active especially body builders and regular gym users because it helps them get lean mass and strength. However, a small number of people can not eat them because of the allergy to some of its contents.
There are numerous supplements on the market that make use of egg white in its formulation. Reflex Instant Mass Weight Gainer is an ultra high quality product with a near perfect 50/50 split of carbohydrate and protein. It makes a wonderful blend of egg white protein isolate, whey protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate. Moreover, it makes use of organic barley and oat to provide an organic whole grain source of carbohydrate. This carbohydrate source makes a low glycemic source of energy along with naturally occurring minerals, vitamins and dietary fibre.
It also contains minerals like zinc which is essential for maintaining testosterone levels and magnesium which plays an important role in maintaining muscle contractile strength. Another good thing about Instant Mass Weight Gainer is that it does not contain inferior soy protein, cheap vegetable oils, added sugar and added corn syrup.